Tharsus are one of the UK’s most exciting technology businesses at the forefront of the robotics revolution and they are hiring Head of Design.
Since 2011 they have grown 30% per year, and so are looking for a talented Leader in Design, an Engineer who shares their passion for technology and innovation to join the team and grow it with them.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll be key to the Executive team, responsible for providing the leadership and management of all product design, test and certification activities within the business.
- You’ll establish the structures, systems and management processes necessary to enable the continued rapid growth of your team.
- You’ll be developing your team of talented Design Engineers.
- You’ll be delivering a wide variety of complex products to a production ready state with quality of the product data supplied to downstream customers a key message of success.
- You be responsible for the Design Department P&L so with that will have responsibility for the effective utilisation of resource to deliver value to client.
- Through organising your department you’ll enable continued growth, while you also cope with multiple projects of differing scope, complexity, scale and duration. So you’ll be organised!
- Most products will be ‘new to market’, so you’ll have a strong focus on robustly delivering a minimum viable launch product. Once you have market feedback you’ll evolve the design.
- By capturing the learning and evolving knowledge base of your team you’ll enable increased efficiency of delivery and product complexity.
Tharsus would love you to have:
- Significant design, leadership and people management experience.
- Knowledge of world class design and project leadership.
- A degree or equivalent in Engineering.
- Experience of organisation strategy creation, implementation and delivery.
In return you’ll get:
An unparalleled opportunity to really create and refine the design function in the UK’s leading designer and manufacturer of autonomous system robots.
The chance to join a growing business and be a contributing factor to its success where your achievement will be visible and recognised.
The thrill of your team designing cutting edge and unique products including the satisfaction of delivering them to customers.
We also offer an environment of continuous learning, achievement and progression because we believe that you should never stop learning and growing.
Great employee benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company and employee contribution pension scheme
- Salary sacrifice schemes including Bike to Work and Childcare vouchers
- Introduce a Colleague scheme (and get up to £1000!)
- Subsidised staff social events
- Early finish on a Friday
- 25 days holiday per year & you’ll never have to work on your birthday