Job opportunity - Backend Developer
Climb are looking for a back-end web developer to join the team in their Gateshead based studio.
Working with Laravel and other cutting-edge technologies, you will be furthering the development of their CMS as well as developing bespoke platforms and web applications.
You'll also be working on exciting new features for Climb's custom web-2-print platform that handles over 5500 orders per month.
What they Use:
• Laravel 5 for most of our bespoke platforms
• Laravel Spark and Laravel Nova
• MySQL as our database
• Atlas® (our custom Laravel-based CMS) for web applications
• Gitlab (for version control, CI/CD and automatic deployments)
• Amazon SQS for message queues
• Redis for caching, sessions and fast key-value data storage
• AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, SES, ElastiCache, Elastic Transcoder) for our hosting infrastructure (Stratus)
• React for our web dashboards
• We've also built some in-house IoT projects with Auduino and Raspberry Pi
• Write clean maintainable code
• Design and create database schemas suitable for the project
• When assigned to project, report day-to-day to the project manager, providing progress updates against tasks
• Thoroughly test your code in development, testing and production environments
• Troubleshoot code issues
• Vast experience of modern backend web development
• Good Object Oriented and MVC practices
• Experience in building and using REST APIs
• Excellent knowledge of MySQL/MariaDB and other RDBMS systems
• Experience using git or other version control systems
• Excellent ability to self-manage and keep to tight deadlines
• Good problem-solving skills
• A voice (you will always, always, have a say)
• Above ‘standard’ pension scheme (every little helps)
• Flexible working hours (hit snooze now and again)
• Training budgets (every days a learning day)
• Relaxed working environment (all we ask is you deliver)
• Be part of a passionate team (all round good people)
• Free on-site parking (and good transport links)
Other perks to twist your arm.
• A well stocked drinks fridge (keeping you hydrated)
• Fruit (for your 5 a day)
• Socials (on us)
• Great working space (within the NDC)
• Really good filtered coffee (and tea of course)
• Friday afternoon beers (just walk to the fridge)
• Monthly lunch on us (fill your boots)
• Pool (not the swimming type)
• Tekken on tap (other games are available)
Do you have what it takes?
Join Climb to create something remarkable.
0191 594 7323