Job Vacancy - Product Designer
LDT Design is a Product Design and Development Company based in York. We are experienced, hard working, creative, problem solvers and enthusiastic in everything we do. We have an outstanding reputation because we deliver a high quality service and work closely with our clients to help them to take a product through development and into volume production.
We are based in the centre of the historic city of York, only a few minutes walk from York Minster and one of the most beautiful cities in the UK.
We have delivered hundreds of products into the Industrial, Consumer and Medical sectors and typically support a client through initial ideas, prototyping, testing and into final manufacture.
We are on the lookout for a talented Product Designer to strengthen our team and support the growth of the business.
This is an excellent opportunity for a creative, talented design professional to join a company who are passionate about delivering innovative commercial products.
We are looking for a self starter who is not only a talented designer but has the ability to drive projects to completion. They will have a practical understanding of design for manufacture, be passionate about design and want to join a proactive, dynamic team. If successful you will be working on creative R&D and design and innovation projects.
Our ideal candidate will have a product design degree, a minimum of 2 years industry experience and ideally have expertise in designing injection moulded enclosures to house electronic hardware for the medical, consumer and industrial sectors. You will need to be able to manage multiple projects, be organised, methodical, creative, with an eye for detail and possess strong interpersonal skills.
Main purpose of the job
Developing products from concept until fully optimised for manufacture, technical management of projects and ensuring that client and supplier expectations are managed throughout this process.
– Managing projects from initial brief to final handover ensuring projects are delivered on time and are of a high quality
– Concept generation / development
– Create 3D CAD models, Technical drawings and Concept visuals
– Prototyping and testing (Using both our in-house 3D Printer and external suppliers)
– Design for manufacture
– Supplier and client liaison
– Project management
– Issuing specification documents and reports
– Contributing to the development of the business
– Minimum of 2 years experience in a Product Design role
– Experience in a Design for Manufacture role with a good knowledge of a wide range of materials and manufacturing processes
– Able to drive the development of new products
– Sketching, 3D CAD and Surface modelling
– Prototype / Model making
– Innovative thinker that can solve problems
– Technical engineering skills
– Decision making on projects
– Understanding of form and ergonomics
– User centred design
– 2D technical drawing standards
– Self motivated
– Able to prioritise own workload
– Clear communicator
– Commercial awareness
– Deadline Focused
Solidworks | Adobe Creative Suite | Keyshot | Competent in Microsoft office
– Competitive salary
– Company and employee contribution pension scheme
– Salary sacrifice schemes including Bike to Work and Childcare vouchers
– Staff social events
– Early finish on a Friday
– 22 days holiday per year
LDT Design Limited | Aspire Building | 31 Bootham | York | YO30 7BT | UK
If you interested in applying for this role please apply sending a CV, covering letter and PDF samples of your work (not exceeding 5MB) to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 14th Jan 2019