Design Network North are looking for a Marketing Officer to join our team
Design Network North are looking to recruit a highly motivated and creative Marketing Officer to work within our corporate marketing team. The post holder will support the Marketing Manager in the delivery of the corporate RTC marketing plan and in particular support the membership activity of Design Network North. The person appointed will work from our Sunderland Offices, and will be required to support activities delivered across the region, to build knowledge of and engagement with RTC by small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) and stakeholders to ensure successful programme delivery.
Key responsibilities will include managing digital marketing campaigns, supporting the events manager in organising and promoting events, workshops and training courses. As well as leading on marketing activities to promote membership, production of well written content for our websites, social media platforms and the management of public relations across the business including the production of case studies and press releases where appropriate.
Through the role there are also opportunities to work directly with DNN members, supporting their own marketing and social media activities, and to contribute to RTC training programmes. We will provide training in the use of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and our integrated e-mail marketing platforms.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a professional environment at the heart of North East business and gain practical marketing experience with a broad range of clients. The opportunity would suit a graduate from a marketing or business course, ideally with one or two years’ experience.
• Management and updating of customer facing websites
• Updating and data management through our CRM system
• Daily management of multiple social media accounts and scheduling of relevant content
• Management of public relations activities, including working with external suppliers, content preparation for press releases, newsletters and case studies, and responsibility for highlighting pr opportunities across the business
• Assist in the organisation and hosting of events, workshops and training courses
• Preparation and dispatch of email marketing messages and event invitations through our integrated email marketing platform
• Monitoring Google analytics and reporting
• General admin for processing claims and assistance with companies/clients through our funded support programmes
Skills & Qualities
• An excellent communicator, able to express ideas clearly, both verbally, face to face, by telephone and in written form, to actively listen logically and accurately
• A Knowledge of broad range of marketing tools and social media platforms
• A confident networker and excellent presenter
• Excellent writing skills; event planning & management skills
• A confident individual with strong interpersonal and telephone skills
• Planning and organisation skills
• Advanced skills in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Dynamic with drive and determination to make a difference;
• A good team player with a willingness to learn
• Flexible, open and positive
• An active influencer and problem solver
Knowledge & Experience
• A degree level (or equivalent) marketing or PR qualification
• Experience in a marketing role with evidence of the ability to work dynamically, independently and also as part of a team
• Hands on marketing knowledge & experience
• A good understanding and experience of successfully using Social Media for marketing;
• Developed knowledge of successful marketing networks and approaches within the North East
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Some knowledge or experience of European Regional Development Funds branding requirements would be an advantage
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to undertake this role, please forward your c.v. and letter of application, confirming current salary and benefits package to: email@example.com
If you require further information about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 25th August 2017
First interviews to be held w.c Tuesday 29th August 2017
RTC is a dynamic medium sized independent technology transfer company. Its’ ambition is to expand its offer and excellent reputation for delivering high quality projects across the North of England. Joining RTC at this exciting time affords an unparalleled opportunity to make a difference and be part of the economic growth of the North.
As a medium sized company, the teams work closely together, sharing skills, knowledge and experience which helps to create a thriving, healthy and fast moving, working environment.
The post benefits from flexi time, a generous holiday entitlement and contributory pension.