As part of their programming for The Great Exhibition of the North, taking place over the summer, The Biscuit Factory offer a range of opportunities including:
The Biscuit Factory are working with GNCCF this summer who will be hosting their first award winning designer-maker fair outside of Manchester in The Biscuit Room.
Space for up to 50 stalls showcasing Northern makers. The fair will be taking place over the opening weekend of the Great Exhibition on 23/24 June 10-4 both days and will be free for the public to enter.
- If you are interested in applying please contact Great Northern Events directly here
design | innovate | craft (working title)
Exhibition dates: 1 June- 31 August
design|innovate|craft is an exhibition by designer-makers from the North of England. Selected for their innovative use of materials, application, method or presentation, this exhibition showcases work for sale, across a range of disciplines including furniture, ceramics, jewellery and printmaking. This show champions new approaches within the world of craft, presenting accessible pieces to live with or wear.
- Applicants must live or work in the North
- The work must demonstrate how the artist is working innovatively either through material, process, technique or presentation.
- Work must be for sale and would be subject to gallery commission. Sales prices should not exceed £3,000 (further details would be provided if successful)
- If successful, a collection of around 8-12 pieces of work must be available to be exhibited at The Biscuit Factory Newcastle and delivered to the gallery by mid May (further details would be provided if successful).
- Please indicate if your work is a one-off or standalone piece. Consideration will be made to these applications where possible.
- Applicants must be able to collect or arrange collection of any unsold work by end September 2018
- Successful applicants may be required to replenish their stock of work, according to sales performance throughout the summer.
- Exhibition applicants may also wish to engage with the opportunity listed below - please include details of this in your email.
- Applications must contain images of the work and a brief outline of how your work engages with the brief.
- It may not be possible to respond to all applicants. Successful applicants will be notified by 9 March 2018
A public programme of creative workshops, talks and seminars will support this exhibition, providing opportunities to learn, develop and engage with contemporary craft and design.
- If you would like to submit your work for consideration to be part of this exhibition and/or if you would like to present a public workshop, talk etc
Please email email@example.com with CRAFT in the subject line by 28 February detailing your work or proposal with images and prices as appropriate.
Open Contemporary Young artist Award
Exhibition Dates: 18 May - 31 August
Submissions are now being invited for The Biscuit Factory Foundation's Open Contemporary Young Artist Award 2018. The Biscuit Factory are delighted to present this national open call for young artists working across various mediums.
- Applications are via curatorspace and more details can be found here