Precision Engineering - #33
A product design company are in need of a machine shop to manufacture parts for a prototype measurement device for use in biological systems.
The majority of the parts are stainless steel (316) with an electropolished finish. One of the parts is 30% glass filled Peek.
Some of the parts are relatively small (7mm dia x 7mm, with several 2mm dia. holes drilled in it).
The tolerances on some of the parts are high (e.g. H7 k6)
They are looking for delivery within 4 weeks of placing an order. The order can be placed almost immediately.
There are 18 parts required in total. (3 off for 4 parts, 6 off for 1 part).
If anyone is interested or knows anyone who might be, please let me know and I will pass on the details
I’ve had quite a few responses to your request for a precision machine shop.
Below are all the recommendations
- We would be interested in quoting for the parts mentioned below. Please send me any details and I will provide you with a quote for the machined parts. Andrew Robinson, Machine Shop Manager, Tel: (0191) 469 5211, www.powair.com
- This is something that we could do and fulfill straight away. Please forward our details and don’t hesitate to contact me. Adele Graham-King, Business Development Consultant, Kinneir Dufort, E-Volve Business Centre, Cygnet Way, Rainton Bridge South Business Park, County Durham, DH4 5QY, T: 0191 3055043
- Company we have used in the past - would be worth a call to...
ALGERNON ENGINEERING, GRAHAM WATSON, Algernon Industrial Estate, New York Road, Shiremoor, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE27 0NB, T: 0191 251 4600
- Have you tried Hydram Engineering , Chilton. My main contact is one of my graduates, on the Management Team, Andrew Jordan
- I would recommend: Hexham Developments Ltd - Richard Connell - T: 01 434 606 234, Altec Engineering Ltd - Paul Lackenby
- Duncan McDonald, Group Operations Director, Responsive Engineering Group
- I am extremely interested in this requirement and attach a company profile detailing our facilities and capabilities which you can forward to the customer. Geoff Mason, Business Development Manager
Durham Precision Engineering Limited, Grindon Way, Heighington Lane Business Park, Newton Aycliffe
Co. Durham, DL5 6SH, T: 01325 321270, www.durham-precision-engineering.co.uk
- I saw this boomerang via Brian Cocksedge and I wonder if the company called KC Engineering might be interested in discussing this opportunity if you or the product design company wishes to contact KC Engineering. The business is based in Consett and the contact is Dr Keith Chester T: 01207 583100